Monday, October 26, 2009

The World’s Most Orgasmic Donut

It comes in the form on the glazed apple cider donut from a place called Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch out in Huntington, IL. It is, without a doubt, the best baked good I’ve ever experienced in my entire life.

Let me lay it out for you: Made on the premises, the donuts are a little crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, still a little warm from the fryer and covered in just the right amount of silky glaze. They are cinammony and a have a bit of an apple bite. They are awesome.

Yesterday I went on my yearly outing to Goebbert’s with my friends to do the whole pumpkin picking/corn maze/pig races/petting zoo thing, which is all fine and dandy, but I knew I was going to have to have one of those pieces of sweet gloriousness. People say you stop craving sweets after awhile? Well guess what? I will NEVER stop craving these donuts. Good thing I can only get them once a year.

After the day at the pumpkin patch was completed, my friends bought a dozen of the donuts for our drive home. I tried to resist, but I’m going to be honest, it was all futile. I told myself, “Angie, you will have ONE donut. And that is it.” So I had a donut, and let me tell you, it was worth every.last.calorie.

My eyes rolled back in my head as I took the first bite and by the time I finished, I was happy and satisfied. It was so wonderful and so delicious and I didn’t feel guilty at all. However, I did go to the gym when I got home from the pumpkin patch because I knew that if I was eating fried dough, I better make up for it somehow.

Also important to note: As I write this, I’m eating a caveman approved meal of low-fat cottage cheese and strawberries.

1 comment: