Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Souptastic!

You want to eat healthy? Move to Madison, WI. They have some of the best, freshest, locally produced food out there. It’s all organic and delicious. And the best part is that I can eat most of it on the caveman diet.

I went to the Farmers Market on the Square in downtown Madison over the weekend and I went hog wild buying up tons of locally grown, organic goodies that are caveman diet friendly like green beans, leeks, squash, zucchini, red peppers, garlic, dill and even some strawberries. The problem is that after I lugged it all home I realized it was way too much produce for one person to consume so I decided to try my hand at making vegetable soup. That way, I could freeze the leftovers and have some stuff for meals for a long time.

I basically threw all the veggies into the pot with fat free, low sodium beef broth, some crushed tomatoes, a can of black beans I had in my pantry, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. I let it simmer away for about an hour and was rewarded with some pretty awesome vegetable soup! I split it up into little Tuperware containers so I’ll be able to have portion control sized mini meals whenever I want them!

On the training front, Rob showed us no mercy last night. He showed up with a black eye that he blamed on gravity, when in truth, he ran into a door during a paintball game. I think he was mad at me for accusing him of wearing guyliner because those dead man lifts and farmer carries were utterly miserable. I feel like a normally have a good attitude during training, but last night I was so crabby and just not fun to be around. One of the reasons I like training with Rob is that I think he knows when I’m crabby and just lets me work out without all the vocal nagging. I don’t need a cheerleader all the time, you know?

And the biggest news of all? I’m down 22 lbs since I started this venture. I think it’s awesome and I’m really proud of myself. I think a lot of people doubt my ability to lose the weight since I have a long way to go, but I don’t give up easily. I’m going to be fit and fabulous soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment