Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Here I Go Again on my Own

Since M came down with a cold or the flu or something that’s probably contagious that I really didn’t want to catch, I did my training session with Rob yesterday all by myself. Odd, but I was kind of nervous! I’m used to having a wingman during my workouts with Rob. I felt almost self-conscious training alone because I knew all eyes would be on me, kicking my ass and watching my form. I know I’m being ridiculous because I doubt Rob would ever really judge me (at this point, he’s seen me at my worse), but you know how it goes.

Busting my ass around the track carrying huge kettlebells, squats, planks, flutter kicks, bouncing heavy medicine balls, weights… oh my God! I was seriously in pain about 40 minutes into the workout and I sincerely doubted by ability to finish, but we all know that I’m not a quitter and I don’t give up easily, so I gutted it out and finished the workout.

While Rob claims that last night’s workout was definitely a step up to the next level, I don’t know… I think the combo of lack of sleep from the night before and the weird fear of training solo got to me a bit, messed with my head and made the session feel really, really, really hard.

One thing Rob said to me yesterday was that not only was he impressed with my hard work and weight loss (25 lbs so far!), but my dedication. His little elves at the front desk have told him that I’ve been logging the hours at the gym, I have this blog, all my friends and family know about my mission to get thin, I’m putting in the effort during training sessions and sticking to the diet. It was motivating to hear that Rob is proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment