Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend Warrior

Venturing back out into the “real world” a bit has been interesting. On one hand, I’ve had a lot of success (28 lbs!) following a super-duper strict diet, but I also miss seeing my friends on the weekends, eating at restaurants and going to bars. There has to be a happy medium somewhere out there, right?

My friend Carie was visiting from Minneapolis this weekend and I knew we’d be at bars and restaurants the whole time, but I think I did the best job possible. I stuck to egg whites with tomatoes instead of potatoes and a ½ slice of wheat toast for our brunches, sushi with no mayo, sauces or cream cheese and sashimi for dinner and limited myself to very, very few vodka sodas at the bar. Surprisingly, it was doable. Granted, I didn’t have everything I wanted, but I felt like I stuck to the diet for the most part all weekend.

My workouts did fall the wayside though. Since I had Carie with me, I didn’t hit the gym at all this weekend and I feel bloated and tired. I never thought I’d say this, but I’m actually looking forward to working out with Rob tomorrow. I need one hell of an ass kicking. And the good news is that I have a low-key week planned so I’ll be fully committed to the diet and exercise routine all week.

As well as I think I did over the crazy weekend, I’m pretty sure I didn’t lose any weight. That’s frustrating. There has to be a balance where I can lose weight and not be in seclusion.

Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment