Sunday, November 15, 2009

Flashin' Fashion Show

One of my girlfriends was feeling a little blue last week, so we decided to have a girlie night in at my apartment, order sushi and hang out. After we gossiped and talked for awhile I was like, "I know what will make you feel better. I'll give you guys a fashion show of all my fat clothes." Their response - "YES!"

So my three girlfriends all lined up on my bed and watched me pull on all my fat clothes. I'm talking pants that are now 2 full sizes too big, dresses that droop so low my tatas were hanging out and shirts that have armpit holes large enough to easily showcase my undergarments. Now, I know that I've lost weight, but to see how huge some of my favorite clothes had become was such a "wow" moment. Actually, truth be told I had a bit of a moment myself and got a little misty. I was so proud of how much weight I've lost (33 lbs as of Friday) and how much better I must look.

My friends were hilarious. They kept saying, "I can't believe you fit into that!" and "This is so funny!" but you know what? Its almost a little sad. Its sad that when I fit into some of those dresses and shirts, I really felt like I looked great. I know I look much better, but I still have a long road ahead of me.

Today I bagged up almost 3 garbage bags full of clothes that are just unwearable. I can belt some stuff to make it work (thank goodness dresses are pretty forgiving), but I did cave and buy a few new things. After my boss' boss told me to "Get a pair of pants that fucking fit" I went to Old Navy and bought a pair of gray dress pants and a really basic black suit. Yes, my waredrobe is pretty meager right now, but I just need a few things to get me by until I drop more weight. And when I'm down to the size I want to wear, you better watch out! I'm going to have one killer waredrobe!

1 comment: