Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer summer summertime!

I’ve found all kinds of random things that are exciting about slimming down, particularly when it’s warmer outside.

First, I look better with fewer clothes on. I’d always been really self conscious about my summer wardrobe because let’s be honest; no one who’s as overweight as I was looks good in sundresses and tank tops. I’ve bought a few really cute strappy, short sundresses and I look pretty cute if I do say so! Along with those sundresses comes the conundrum of what do with undergarments. Last year I would wear dresses, but would be forced to wear some kind of Spanx type armor under my dress for a few reasons. One would be to hold my gut in. Another would be to prevent the oh so unappetizing inner thigh rub. Yes, my inner thighs still touch, but there’s definitely room to breathe down there, so I’m happily sporting sundresses sans Spanx and its pretty liberating.

Second, I can handle the heat MUCH better now. I no longer start sweating profusely upon stepping outside, which is nice. Yes, I still have what we lovingly refer to as the Meredith Sweating Gene, but I’m MUCH more comfortable in the heat.

Last, but certainly not least, my appetite has diminished quite a bit. I’ve been craving fresh fruit and veggies lately which has made the diet easier. And really, who wants to turn the oven on in 90 degree weather? Not me!

Yay for summer!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ang!!! So happy and excited for you! We missed you last night at the shower - but are looking forward to seeing you at the wedding! I told your mom and dad how proud I am of you and what motivation you are to me. Hope you are doing well! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete